Best WordPress Facebook Plugins
Facebook boasts over 2.8 billion monthly active users, which is to say that nearly everyone uses it. By integrating WordPress and Facebook, you can share audiences between your website and social media profiles. The best way to achieve that integration is by using Facebook plugins for WordPress.
In this article, we’ll introduce you to the nine best Facebook plugins for WordPress, and discuss when to use each of them. Let’s get to it!
Should You Use a Facebook Page Plugin for WordPress?
In adding your Facebook business page feed to your WordPress site, you have 2 choices. You can use Facebook’s Page plugin, but it comes with a few restrictions:
- Limited customization choices: If you want your Facebook feed to inherit the style that your website’s theme uses, it’s not possible. Unless you hire an expensive developer to fix the code for you.
- Page-only plugin: Want to display your Facebook group’s feed instead? You can’t.
- Basic tabs only: You can just display your Facebook feed’s timeline or events. No option to control which Facebook posts you want to show as well.
- Overwhelming, especially for beginners: You’d need to tweak a lot of code to customize how your feed looks so it gets confusing. Plus, you need to deal with code to add your Facebook feed to WordPress, too.
Why Do You Need a Facebook Plugin?
A Facebook plugin can be beneficial for website owners in several ways. It can allow users to easily share content on their Facebook profiles, leave comments using their Facebook accounts, and like or recommend content. Additionally, Facebook plugins can integrate your website with your Facebook page, allowing you to promote your social media content and display your page’s feed on your site. Overall, a Facebook plugin can help increase engagement, visibility, and traffic to your WordPress website.
How to Add the New Facebook Page Plugin in WordPress
Facebook actually has its own option for adding a little widget to your WordPress site. If you’d like to go this route, here are the steps to get it done:
- Go to this Facebook page.
- Paste your Facebook Page URL to the appropriate field. This is done automatically if you’re logged into the page.
- Choose which tabs you would like to appear on the widget.
- Adjust details like the width and height of the widget.
- Choose other settings like the size of the header, cover photo, and if you should show friends.
- Click on the Get Code button.
Facebook then reveals two bits of code for you to copy and paste into your WordPress site. Copy the first one and paste it into the header.php file of your child theme or regular theme. Locate the
<body> tag and paste the code right after that.
The second code snippet can be pasted anywhere on your website you want the module to appear. Feel free to put it in a post or page or consider including it in a text widget so that it is displayed on all sidebars or footers.
Best WordPress Facebook Plugins
If you want to boost your user engagement and the time users spend on your site, showing an interactive Facebook feed can be a good idea.
But WordPress by default won’t allow you to show Facebook feeds. You need to use a plugin.
Luckily, there are a handful number of Facebook feed WordPress plugins available.
Using a Facebook feed plugin, you can display your Facebook comments, videos, and photos to support your content. Some of the plugins even provide lightbox, post-reactions, share buttons, etc.
To help you to choose the right plugin, we have made a list of The Best Facebook Feed WordPress plugins.
1. Social Post Feed
the Social Post Feed plugin provides you with a simple way to embed Facebook feeds anywhere on your site, as well as in individual posts. You can pull feeds from pages or groups, and the plugin doesn’t limit how many elements you can embed on your website:
Thanks to this plugin, visitors will be able to like posts within embedded feeds. However, if they want to leave comments, they’ll be redirected to Facebook.
Social Post Feed also includes a feature that can make your embedded feeds compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Moreover, since it doesn’t use IFrames for embedding content, search engines will be able to crawl those elements on your website, giving you a boost in SERPs.
2. Widget for Social Page Feeds
The next Facebook plugin we like is called Widget for Social Page Feeds. Similar to Smash Balloon, this plugin brings your Facebook feed to your website. However, it’s in the form of a simple widget. Some people prefer shortcodes, whiles others wouldn’t know what to do without widgets. So, if you have plenty of widgets on your website already, this might be a great solution for you.
In short, you can go to your Widgets section of the WordPress dashboard and implement the module in places like your footers, headers, and sidebars. It’s a simple process that takes no more than a minute. Simply connect your Facebook page and activate the widget in the location of your choice.
3. Smash Balloon
Smash Balloon is the best social media feeds plugin for WordPress. It’s easy to use and offers powerful features to show social content on your website.
But what makes this plugin the best is that it ensures your Facebook and Instagram embedded posts work seamlessly. Both these social platforms now require developers to register their apps. If they don’t, then your social posts will break and won’t work on your website.
Fortunately, Smash Balloon has its API key registered with Facebook or Instagram. So, you don’t have to worry about fixing any issues and continue to add social feeds to your website with ease.
Smash Balloon also allows you to create as many social feeds as you want. And each of its designs and layouts is mobile responsive and offers different customization options. Not only that, but you can even start live videos from your feeds in real time.
4. Nextend Social Login and Register
Nextend Social Login and Register generates an area on your WordPress website for new users to create profiles with their already existing social profiles. Current users can also come back and log in with those same credentials. Facebook is included in the list of social networks, so what someone has to do is simply click on the “Log in With Facebook” button and be logged into their account. After that, the work is done for them by creating a quick profile on your website.
Several other social login buttons are available such as Google and Twitter. The benefit of having a tool like this on your website is that users no longer have to go through the tedious process of creating a new account. This typically speeds up the process and increases the number of users you have on your site. It’s particularly important for membership sites and online communities where user profiles are required or you need users to register quickly.
Jucier.io is a social feeds plugin that helps you bring together content from multiple social networks in one spot on your WordPress website.
- Social media networks – There are a lot of them! Aggregate content from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Google Plus, Tumblr, Pinterest, Tumblr, Vine, RSS, Spotify, Slack, LinkedIn, Flickr, Vimeo, Hashtags, Yelp, and DeviantArt.
- Rules and filters – Use rules and filters to organize and customize your feed.
- Moderation – Easily remove any unwanted posts from your feed.
- Infinite scroll – Keep loading more posts by scrolling.
- Analytics – Find out how your visitors are using and interacting with your social feed.
Related More Posts :