Top 15 ways to earn money from Facebook in India
Besides, building the stalk of your family and friends, chatting with your BFFL, or posting your post-vacation selfies, there are ample ways to earn money from Facebook without being pro at Facebook marketing or highly technologically savvy.
Of course, one will have to invest some time and patience. When it goes to all sources to earn money, it’ll certainly not happen overnight. This article will provide you with some of the researched and practical tips which you can follow the suggestions and give in your time and efforts to start earning some money.
Before you start: check your Facebook Monetization Eligibility
There are a handful of ways to make money from your Facebook content, but first, you must be eligible to do so. This means your Facebook page and the content you post on it must abide by the platform’s eligibility requirements, which are grouped into three categories:
- Facebook Community Standards: these are the platform’s foundational rules, such as no graphic or unsafe content
- Partner Monetization Policies: these rules are for your Facebook page as a whole, as well as the content you create, how you share your content, and how you receive and make online payments
- Content Monetization Policies: these are content-level rules that apply for every piece of content you post, such as no violent or profane content
check your eligibility, go to the Facebook section of your Creator Studio, and click the Monetization tab. Select which pages you want to see your monetization eligibility for—you will also be served other monetization information about the page.
Top 15 ways to earn money from Facebook in India
1. Facebook Instant Articles
This option is suited best for users who have creative writing skills and are capable of writing and publishing articles that are interesting and have mass appeal. Facebook has opened up Instant Articles to publishers of all sizes since Feb 2016. The first thing you are required to do is to sign up to join this program. You can do this at instantarticles.fb.com. From there you can sign up, choose your Facebook page, claim your URL, and create your article. Besides the WordPress plugin, Facebook has joined hands with lots of publishing platforms to create seamless integration with Instant Articles. Facebook’s Audience Network offers publishers the opportunity to leverage the power of Facebook ads to monetize their content, and when you get started with Instant Articles, you have the opportunity to opt-in to Audience Network ads. If the content one publishes is appealing and is able to generate user interest, Facebook will share the revenues that are generated by placing ads on the content published by the user.
2. Create videos with in-stream ads
In-stream ads attract the attention of a captive audience and are ideal for creators and brands with a sizeable audience. When a user is part-way through watching a Facebook video, they are more likely to watch the entirety of an ad if it means they can continue on with the original content—unlike a standalone ad in their feed, which they’re more likely to skip.
Bottled water brand LIFEWTR wanted to increase brand awareness and generate a positive, creative sentiment around its product. So it implemented short in-stream ads that ran in the midpoint of feed videos as well as properties like Facebook Watch, showcasing its community art projects through powerful visual stories. The campaign resulted in a two-times lift in brand awareness and a 1.9 times higher lift in ad recall.
3. Make great posts.
The foundation of any successful plan to make money with social media is good content and lots of it. On Facebook, that means a stream of interesting links, images, and updates every day.
- Search for a niche and fill it with quality content. It doesn’t have to be a niche anybody else is filling, but it should be specific enough that it’s clear to the casual observer. For example, maybe you’ll post content for cat lovers, mothers, or people with a certain political affiliation. If you plan to market a product with your account, be sure to link the product to your posts in some way.
- Consider opening up another Facebook account and keeping it separate from your personal account. Use this account for your posts, and link them to your personal Facebook account to let people know about them. Depending on the approaches you use, you might even consider using multiple extra accounts.
- Give it time. Let your account build up interest over time by continuing to provide fresh and relevant content every day.
- You can also post about services that you have to offer to your friends so they can easily reach out to you.
4. Facebook Marketplace
You can call it Craigslist on Facebook. But the Facebook marketplace is a good option if you are looking to sell your old belongings, rent out your place, sell your old bike, etc. To kickstart, go to Facebook Marketplace and click the button ‘Sell something’.
5. Add a paid subscription to your page
Generate consistent monthly revenue through fan subscriptions, which encourage your most loyal followers to pay a recurring sum to fund your page. This is a great way for brands and creators with large, active audiences to monetize their pages and reward fans with exclusive content and discounts. The “stars” feature lets users buy a pack of stars to send tips to their favorite creators for additional revenue.
Vegan Baker has created a separate Facebook Group for supporters of the brand. Fans are charged $4.99 a month to access exclusive content and discounts. They are also able to send additional tips via Facebook’s stars feature for a piece of content they particularly enjoy.
6. Make a commitment to earn
The only way to reliably make money using Facebook is through persistent work. Like any job, setting a schedule and sticking to it is the key.
- Organize. Whatever strategy you plan to pursue, you’ll probably have to take care of several things every day to make it work for you. Plan out the order and times you’ll do them in advance.
- Saturate your market. Making money with Facebook is more of a numbers game than anything else. Since marketing on Facebook costs nothing except time, you can market as much as you want – even to a point that would be prohibitively expensive any other way – and let the percentages and statistics work their magic one penny at a time.
- Add aggressively. One of the best ways to increase the number of people looking at your page is to simply add people as friends as often as you can. Most won’t accept, but some will.
7. Website builders for Facebook
Creating a Facebook Store via Facebook also has a unique set of flaws. Improper synchronization of payment methods and low-quality product images can be a roadblock to sales.
A website builder maintains the balance of these itsy bitsy frustrations with its advanced functionalities, which helps you to manage your store easily.
you can direct your customers to your website or ask them to check out on Facebook Shop. Website builders like Shopify help users quickly set up their Facebook store and have exceptional features and functions to boost your business’s online presence.
8. Become an Influencer on Facebook
The term ‘Influencer’ might sound cliche as the current situation has drawn flank on many celebrities. Here’s the bright side; everybody is online! According to a report by Statista, users have used social networking applications for approximately five hours between March 28 and April 3, 2020.
With a digital population of more than 700 million in India and a billion active users think of the wonders a freelancer can do on Facebook. Upgrade your copywriting skills, and spread the right word.
9. Affiliate Marketing on Facebook
Affiliate marketing is a system that can help you earn money by promoting a product, brand, service, or company through a Facebook page or groups to your contacts. There are lots of reputed companies, including Amazon, Flipkart, VCommission, Shaadi.com, and many others, which pay you to promote their products. All you need to do is to join affiliate marketing programs offered by these companies and post their content on your Facebook page. Every time an interested party looks up the advertisement or content you have posted and becomes its customer, you stand to make some money.
10. Collaborate with brands
Create content with a relevant, complementary partner to increase your reach and diversify your content output. There are plenty of brands that want to work with influencers, creators, and other companies to reach new audiences and raise brand awareness, and this can be a great way to boost your follower count and generate engagement.
Before you can start tagging business partners in posts, you have to request access. Once you’ve done that, you can access collaboration opportunities and view insights inside the Brand Collabs Manager.
11. Facebook Sponsored Posts
If you are an active Facebook user with a lot of followers, then Facebook-sponsored posts are the easiest way to monetize your follower base. Companies are always on the lookout for influencers for their products and services; users with a higher number of engaged followers are in great demand. One just has to enable Facebook-Sponsored Posts on their Facebook page and every time a company displays content that appears as a sponsored post on your page, the user gets paid a certain portion of the ad revenue. On the part of the user, the only effort he/she needs to make is to expand their follower base and keep them engaged with interesting content.
The time spent on social media sites, especially Facebook, does not necessarily have to be a wasted effort. As we have listed above, these are a few of the ideas that users can follow to monetize their time spent on Facebook. It should, however, be remembered that an active follower base and creative content that has the potential to go viral are the keys to being successful in this endeavor.
12. Earn money directly from your fans
Facebook recently announced it will be placing more emphasis on organic video content made specifically for the platform to push back against users simply sharing TikTok posts. Creators and influencers will be able to unlock monetary rewards of up to $4,000 a month by completing a series of sequential “challenges,” such as generating a certain number of views on a Facebook Reel.
13. Earn money from branded content
Freelancers can generate revenue by collaborating with brands by publishing featured content and also promote products on their pages. Brands and page owners can use the ‘Brand Collabs Manager and make their collaboration more impactful.
14. Encourage users to generate content
Our generation eats and sleeps memes, even the ones who pronounce it ‘may-may’ are part of this new culture rage. If your business is good at humor, then there’s no harm in exploring memes.
Whereas, product testimonials posts, callouts, reviews, and customer tags can always inspire people to remain glued to your page. But don’t limit yourself to polls, selfie contests, or Q&As. Make new ones and ‘slay them may-mays’.
15. Drive visitors to your online store
Direct shoppers from your Facebook page to your Shopify store through the platform’s social commerce features. This is a great way for brands who already have a small business on Facebook to capture consumers mid-scroll with shoppable ads and powerful calls to action (CTAs). You can turn well-performing shoppable posts into paid ads to drive more traffic and define a new target audience you’d like to reach.
QUEENSHOP was able to engage fans who were active online and ready to make a purchase. It reduced the number of steps in the buying process by directing shoppers straight to the correct product page so they could make an instant purchase.