What is Binance Coin and how does it work?
The cryptocurrency and blockchain industry includes numerous projects and assets aimed at different goals. It is not uncommon to see projects aimed at solving similar needs.
Several crypto exchanges exist, for example. Although each exchange may vary in construction and features, they aim to give crypto traders a place to swap their assets in a broader sense. Sometimes, a cryptocurrency exchange may have its own asset that is used for certain purposes on its related exchange such as fee discounts on the trading platform.
Binance Coin (BNB) of the Binance exchange is one such crypto exchange asset. What is a Binance Coin? BNB began as an asset sold in Binance’s initial coin offering (ICO), becoming a way for Binance exchange users could pay less trading fees on the platform once the exchange launched.
Since then, BNB has retained a role in Binance’s growing ecosystem as Binance has expanded into more than a digital asset exchange.
Binance Coin History
BNB coin plays an essential role in the Binance ecosystem by powering operations. Among other things, the coin was designed to pay listing, exchange, and trading fees, and any other expenses users incur on the Binance cryptocurrency exchange.
Initially, Binance Coin had a total supply of 200 million tokens. During the Binance ICO, half of the coins (100 million) were allocated to the public, 80 million were set aside for Binance branding, and the remaining 20 million were allotted to angel investors.
Binance Coin was originally issued as an ERC-20 token on the Ethereum blockchain. In 2019, Binance launched its Binance Chain blockchain, now known as BNB Beacon Chain. The BEP-2 BNB coin was introduced as this chain’s native token, and users of the old ERC-20–compliant BNB token swapped it for the new token at a 1:1 ratio.
Consequently, they switched to the BNB Beacon Chain because of its fast transaction processing and cheaper gas fees. The use of the BNB Beacon Chain increased, and the BNB coin gained popularity.
What is Binance Coin used for?
Binance Coin’s usage comes in line with Binance’s growth. The asset initially started out as a vehicle to raise funds for the Binance exchange. Binance quickly gained significant traction as a cryptocurrency exchange following its 2017 launch. Binance grew from an exchange platform to more of an ecosystem under the Binance brand umbrella.
Over the years, Binance has launched a DEX, two blockchains, a peer-to-peer (P2P) crypto trading option, an option for crypto borrowing, and more. BNB has grown in line with Binance’s expansion.
Beyond the Binance exchange, Binance Coin has several uses, including the ability to:
- Make credit card payments
- Pay for travel arrangements (on select websites)
- Buy virtual gifts
- Process payments
- Make investments
- Make loans and transfers
- Donate to charity
What is Binance Coin and how does it work?
What is Binance Coin
Binance Coin (BNB) is a cryptocurrency created by the Binance exchange, one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges in the world. Binance Coin is used as a utility token on the Binance exchange, allowing users to trade cryptocurrencies, pay transaction fees, and access other services provided by the exchange at discounted rates.
In addition to its utility on the Binance exchange, Binance Coin has also been used to fund various blockchain-related projects through Binance’s incubator program, Binance Launchpad. Binance Coin has also been integrated into various other platforms and services, allowing users to use BNB for a range of different purposes beyond just trading on the Binance exchange.
Binance Coin is an ERC-20 token, which means it was created using the Ethereum blockchain. However, Binance has since launched its own blockchain, Binance Chain, and has transitioned Binance Coin over to that blockchain as well.
How does Binance Coin work?
BNB is a crypto asset similar to other digital assets on the market in that it rises and falls in value as people use and trade it. People can hold BNB in compatible wallets off crypto exchanges and send the coin directly to others for payments or otherwise.
One might also wonder how to buy Binance Coin. People can buy BNB via a number of avenues such as Binance’s own crypto exchange, example. As always, though, be sure to research and abide by any applicable jurisdictional laws.
Binance Coin (BNB) is the native cryptocurrency of the Binance cryptocurrency exchange. It was created in 2017 as an ERC-20 token on the Ethereum blockchain, but it later migrated to its own blockchain known as Binance Chain. Binance Coin has several use cases within the Binance ecosystem, including paying for trading fees, transaction fees, listing fees, and other services offered on the platform.
Here’s how Binance Coin works:
- Payment for Trading Fees: Binance Coin can be used to pay trading fees on the Binance exchange. When you use BNB to pay for trading fees, you receive a discount of up to 25% on the fees.
- Staking: Binance Coin can be staked on the Binance Chain. Staking BNB can earn you rewards, which can be in the form of more BNB or other cryptocurrencies.
- Token Sales: Binance Launchpad is a platform for hosting token sales for new cryptocurrency projects. To participate in these sales, you need to have BNB.
- Transaction Fees: Binance Coin can also be used to pay transaction fees on the Binance Chain. The fees are very low, and using BNB to pay for them can save you money.
- Listing Fees: Binance Coin can be used to pay for listing fees if you want to list your cryptocurrency on the Binance exchange. This makes it easier and cheaper for new projects to get listed on the exchange.
- Merchandise: Binance has an online store where you can buy merchandise using BNB.
- Investment: Binance Coin is a cryptocurrency that can be bought and held as an investment. Like other cryptocurrencies, the price of Binance Coin is subject to market fluctuations.
Binance Coin has a limited supply of 170 million tokens, and the Binance team has committed to buying back and burning a portion of the tokens every quarter until only 100 million remain. This burning process reduces the supply of Binance Coin, which can potentially increase its value over time.
Related More Posts :
2. Top 10 Cryptocurrency in India
3. How to Invest in Binance Coin in India