We have written many posts previously on affiliate marketing, including our Ultimate Guide to Affiliate Marketing. Most of the tips we’ve given there are just applicable to YouTube affiliate marketing.
YouTube is one of the best social media platforms to start as an affiliate marketer. With traffic of 2.6 billion people each month on YouTube globally, a huge market is waiting to be reached with your affiliate marketing skills. YouTube has recently exceeded 3 billion dollars in global consumer spending so you can tap into a vast potential audience. So, let’s get started with this step-to-step Guide to YouTube affiliate marketing article.
YouTube Affiliate Marketing
In this article, we will delve into what affiliate marketing on YouTube is, how it works on YouTube, and why content creators should consider using it as a way to earn revenue.
Affiliate marketing has become a popular way for content creators to monetize their online presence, and YouTube.
What is YouTube Affiliate Marketing?
YouTube affiliate marketing is an online business model where you generate revenue by adding affiliate links for products or services you recommend to videos you create and upload.
YouTube affiliate marketing is an intelligent approach to give your viewers more value while also generating income. Affiliate marketing gives you direct control over what you promote and allows you to see more of the resulting income.
YouTube affiliate marketing is simply the process of promoting products or services on YouTube by creating videos around them and earning a commission whenever someone makes a purchase through your affiliate link.
Why Choose YouTube Affiliate Marketing?
- You can create content as you want and at your convenience.
- Most phones have great camera qualities; you can vlog or shoot all the videos through them. Therefore it is a very cost-effective method.
- You don’t have to invest a lot of money to start affiliate marketing.
- If you are looking for some source of passive income, YouTube affiliate marketing should be your go-to method.
- You have complete freedom over choosing the product that you want to sell.
Why leverage YouTube for Affiliate Marketing?
Videos are the most profound way of getting detailed info about new products.
This also in terms signify 9 out of 10 marketers were able to attract new customers and 75% of these sets of customers were actually convinced to buy a given product by watching videos.
This is a potential opportunity for you to tap into if you want to make money with affiliate marketing using youtube rather than leveraging other mediums.
How to do Affiliate Marketing on YouTube?
- The first step is to pick a niche you want to create videos about, like gaming, product reviews, tech, fashion, food, etc.
- Then create a YouTube account with monetization enabled and give your email address and phone number. This will allow YouTube to connect you with Google AdSense and other marketing companies.
- With the help of Google Adsense, you can host advertisements for other companies in your channel. More brands and companies will allow you to host advertisements when your popularity rises.
Benefits of Using Affiliate Marketing on YouTube
Affiliate marketing on YouTube is a straightforward strategy, for social media influencers. If your channel already has a large fan following, then YouTube affiliate marketing can bring more traffic to your links. Here are the top advantages you get for using affiliate marketing on YouTube:
- You can get a wide selection of products to promote
- There is power in what kind of products you can promote leading to which you also get to track how your links are performing
- There is the flow of passive income
- There is a minimal investment on your part
How to Start YouTube Affiliate Marketing?
If you find interest and are also passionate about generating content in the digital marketing niche space. Then you should definitely give it a shot. But you should narrow your area of specialty down to a sub-category.
You may consider choosing one of the following in the digital marketing space.
- Email marketing,
- Social media marketing
- Affiliate marketing
- Paid advertising etc.
You are in the email marketing category, you definitely going to make video content about email marketing and drop affiliated links to any email marketing software that can be of help to your audiences.
Follow this step,
- The first step is to set up a YouTube channel account with monetization enabled. Once you create your channel, start uploading videos about it.
- Before you start uploading videos, you need to provide YouTube with your email address and phone number. YouTube will then connect your YouTube Channel with Google Adsense or other marketing companies that work with YouTube Affiliate Marketers.
- Google Adsense allows you to host advertisements for other companies on your channel. As the popularity of your channel will increase, more brands and businesses will allow you to host their advertisements.
Where Can You Put Affiliate Links on YouTube?
1. Video Descriptions
In the description section of your YouTube videos, you can put affiliate links. To get visitors to click on these links, Affiliate links offer a clear call to action.
2. End Screens
At the end of your videos, end screens are a fantastic method to advertise your affiliate products. Viewers to click on the affiliate links might include a call to action.
3. Pinning Comments
you can “pin” comments with your affiliate links to the top of the video’s comment section. Once more, be careful to mention that these are affiliate links.
4. Video Overlays
Overlay ads can be added to videos on YouTube by creators. These overlays can be used to advertise affiliate goods and services.
Making Money With YouTube Affiliate Marketing
Successful YouTube marketing is making and sharing videos. You can condense this into four steps:
- Determine a target audience for your channel, who is interested in videos on a particular topic, i.e., find a consistent niche where your YouTube channel can sit.
- Make entertaining and informative videos for that target audience about that niche.
- Find affiliate products that would interest that target audience.
- Make and upload relevant videos relating to your carefully selected affiliate products.
Tips to Improve Your YouTube Affiliate Marketing
YouTube includes the second largest search engine on the internet, only bettered by that of its owner, Google. Therefore, if you want to succeed with YouTube affiliate marketing, you need to ensure your videos rank in YouTube searches.
1. Create Relevant and Engaging Content
Your affiliate links to non-existent viewers, after all. This is obviously easier said than done. However, a vital factor in any affiliate marketing campaign is making sure you can provide top-notch content.
The quality of your videos is what will encourage viewers to visit your channel and trust your advice.
2. Identify the Best Keywords
Keyword research is essentially about identifying the best terms to help people find your videos on YouTube. You will find various tools on the internet that can help you with this. Some of the best are TubeBuddy, VidIQ, Ahrefs’ Keyword Explorer, and Google Trends.
3. Be Honest and Disclose Your Affiliate Links
Transparency is vitally important in affiliate marketing. It ensures that your audience can trust you without feeling tricked, and it enables you to market honestly.
This makes the benefits of clicking on your links – both to yourself and to your viewers – readily apparent. Being honest about your opinions and goals will serve you and your audience well in the long term, as it establishes trust and loyalty.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is a type of promotion or marketing that is used to sell or promote goods made by other businesses.