Check Aadhaar Card Status
Aadhaar is a unique identification number issued by the Government of India to its citizens. It serves as proof of identity and address and is widely used for various purposes such as opening a bank account, getting a SIM card, and availing of government services. If you have applied for an Aadhaar card and want to check its status, you can do so by following the steps below:
- Visit the UIDAI website at https://uidai.gov.in/ and click on “Aadhaar Online Services” in the top menu.
- Select “Check Aadhaar Status” from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your 28-digit enrolment ID or your 12-digit Aadhaar number, along with the date and time of enrolment or update. These details can be found on the acknowledgment slip provided to you when you applied for your Aadhaar card.
- Enter the security code displayed on the screen, and then click on “Check Status”.
- Your Aadhaar card status will be displayed on the screen. It may be in one of the following states: “Approved”, “Rejected”, or “In Process”.
If your Aadhaar card status is “Approved”, it means that your Aadhaar card has been generated and is on its way to your registered address. If the status is “Rejected”, it means that your application has been rejected due to some issue, and you may need to reapply. If the status is “In Process”, it means that your application is being processed and you need to wait for some more time.
It’s important to keep track of your Aadhaar card status to ensure that your application is being processed correctly. In case of any issues, you can contact the UIDAI helpline or visit the nearest Aadhaar center for assistance. For more information about Aadhar card
Locate an Enrolment / Update center near you
In order to enroll for Aadhaar for yourself or for your family member, you will be required to visit an Aadhaar Enrolment Center. In case your Demographic details (Name, Address, DoB, Gender, Mobile Number, Email)is not up-to-date in your Aadhaar, you can get the same updated by visiting an Aadhaar Enrolment Center. Aadhaar holders’ children( who have turned 15) or others in need of updating Biometrcis details – Finger Prints, Iris & Photograph are required to visit an Enrolment center too. Please get valid Address proof documents
Information on how to enroll for Aadhaar Card
Get information about how to enroll for Aadhaar Card. The information is provided by the Unique Identity Development Authority of India (UIDAI). The users can get detailed information about the procedure of Aadhaar registration, required document details, a list of Aadhaar Enrollment Centres, etc. Lists of valid documents’ lists for Proof of Identity (PoI) and Proof of Address (PoA) are also provided.
Search NGO details from the directory of NGO Partnership System
Search details of NGOs (Non-Governmental Organisations) in the online directory of the NGO Partnership System under the Planning Commission. Users can search NGOs by their name, state, or district of functioning, and sector/key issues undertaken.
Book an Appointment
This facility (pilot) is for booking an appointment at an Aadhaar Seva Kendra for Aadhaar services listed below:
● Fresh Aadhaar enrolment
● Name Update
● Address Update
● Mobile No. Update
● Email ID Update
● Date of Birth Update
● Gender Update
● Biometric (Photo + Fingerprints + Iris) Update
How can we check the Aadhaar card status without an enrolment number?
To forget is human. And, maybe, someday, you’ll fail to recollect your EID when you need to check the status of your Aadhaar card. But you can still check your Aadhaar status without the EID.
Check the steps below to know more:
- Go to https://resident.uidai.gov.in/lost-uideid and retrieve your enrolment number
- Enter details: Name, Email. Mobile Number
- You’ll receive an OTP to your registered mobile
- Enter OTP and Verify
- The EID will be sent to your registered mobile number and Email address
- Now you can check the status of your Aadhaar card
How to check the Aadhaar card status via phone number verification
Registered users can also check their Aadhaar card status through their mobile numbers. Users are required to verify their mobile number before following the below steps.
- Visit uidai.gov.in Or Visit resident.uidai.gov.in/verify-email-mobile
- Verify your mobile number
- Type your 12-digit UID number or email ID
- Enter your security code
- Enter OTP
Download Aadhar card
However, you can download your Aadhaar card by following the steps below:
- Visit the UIDAI website at https://uidai.gov.in/.
- Click on the “My Aadhaar” tab and select “Download Aadhaar” from the dropdown menu.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number or your 28-digit enrolment ID, along with your full name, pin code, and the security code displayed on the screen.
- Click on “Get One Time Password” and enter the OTP that will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Once the OTP is verified, you can download your Aadhaar card in PDF format.
- To open the downloaded PDF, you will need to enter a password. The password is the first four letters of your name in capital letters, followed by your birth year in YYYY format.
It’s important to keep your Aadhaar card safe and secure, as it contains sensitive information about you. You can use the downloaded PDF as a soft copy of your Aadhaar card for various purposes such as verification and authentication