How to Change YouTube Email Address?
YouTube is one such platform that you’ll never regret joining. If you have creative talents, it’s a platform that can boost your career.
If you prefer binge watch, you can use it to watch endless hours of videos for free. All you need to get started with YouTube is just an active Google Account.
Being owned by Google, YouTube requires a Google account to function. Sometimes, users may want to change the email address associated with their YouTube account, as having a proper email address makes creators feel more professional.
How To Change Your YouTube Email With Gmail
The only route to changing your email that Gmail users can take is to make a new email and Google account.
YouTube doesn’t have its own accounts.
Instead, all the information about you created by you on YouTube is stored in your Google account.
Even Google recommends simply making another Google account.
By going to the Google account login page, you will be given the option to sign up or sign in.
Even though you already have a Gmail account, choose to Sign up and click “Create an Account”.
When creating your account, you will be asked if the account is for you or your business.
Business accounts will give special insight into different aspects of your Google account.
Making a business account will also help your business gain more visibility on Google.
When you put your information in, you will be able to choose whether or not you would like to create a new email account or choose to use an existing one.
Can I Change my YouTube Email Address?
Technically, you can’t change your YouTube email address. This is because your email address on YouTube is your Google account email address.
So, if you wish to change your email address on YouTube, you need to change your email address for your Google Account.
Now when it comes to changing the email address for your Google account, you can change it in some cases only. If your account’s email address ends in @gmail.com, you can’t change it.
However, if you’re using a Google account through your work, school, or other group email address, you can change it easily.
How to Change YouTube Email Address?
1. After logging into your Google account, tap on your avatar or profile picture in the top right corner.
2. Tap “Manage your Google Account.”
3. Tap “Personal info”
4. Now tap on the “Contact info” section.
5. Now Select Google Account email.
6. Tap on Edit. If you use a Gmail address, Google says you may not be able to access your “Google Account email” and you won’t be able to change your Google account email.
7. If you have the option to change your email, enter the new address you want to use and then save the change.
Set up an Alternative Email on your Google Account
While you can’t change your YouTube email if the existing one ends with @gmail.com, you can add a new account as an alternative account.
1. First of all, open your web browser and visit YouTube.com.
2. When the YouTube site opens, click on your Profile picture at the top-right corner.
3. From the list of options, click on the ‘Manage your Google Account link.
4. On the Account Management page, switch to the Personal Info tab on the left.
5. On the next screen, scroll down to the Contact info and click on the Email.
6. On the email screen, scroll down to the Alternate emails section, and click on ‘Add alternate email‘.
7. You will be asked to sign in to your email address. You can also create a new Google account from the same page.
You want to change the Youtube email address associated with your account Here is how in detail:
Sign in to Your YouTube Account
To change your YouTube email address, you need to first sign in to your account. Go to YouTube.com and click on the “Sign in” button in the top right corner of the screen. Enter your email address and password and click “Sign in.”
Go to Your Account Settings
Once you’ve signed in, click on your profile icon in the top right corner of the screen. A drop-down menu will appear. Click on “Settings.”
Go to Your Google Account Settings
In the settings menu, click on “Google Account” under the “Your YouTube Account” section. This will take you to your Google account settings.
Edit Your Google Account
In your Google account settings, you’ll see an option to edit your email address. Click on “Personal Info” and then click on “Email.”
Add Your New Email Address
In the “Email” section, you’ll see your current email address. Click on the “Edit” button next to your email address. This will allow you to add a new email address.
Verify Your New Email Address
Once you’ve added your new email address, Google will send a verification code to that email address. Check your email inbox for the verification code and enter it in the “Verify Email” section of your Google account settings.
Set Your New Email Address as Your Primary Email Address
After you’ve verified your new email address, go back to the “Email” section of your Google account settings. You’ll see your new email address listed there. Click on the three dots next to your new email address and select “Make primary.”