How to Embed a YouTube Channel on Your WordPress Website
Looking for a simple way to embed a YouTube channel on your WordPress website?
YouTube is one of the popular social media platforms. By showcasing video content, you can increase your website engagement and traffic.
In this article, we’ll show you the easiest way to embed your YouTube channel on your site.
Why Embed YouTube Channel to Your Website
With over 2 billion users worldwide, YouTube is the second most popular social media platform. This is why you should show your YouTube channel feed to as many relevant audiences as possible.
- The more website visitors see your videos, the more they can be converted to your channel subscribers
- The more accessible your YouTube channel is, the more potential you have to engage with your customers through video.
- With responsive YouTube videos on your site, you can also boost your conversions and turn website visitors into customers.
- You can stand out from your competition if you give your customers another way to view your content in the form of a video.
- You can easily update your website with relevant YouTube videos, so it’s also great for your SEO.
How Do I Embed My YouTube Channel on My Website?
There are 2 ways that you can use to display your YouTube channel on your WordPress site.
- Manually: In this process, you need to get the embed code for each of your YouTube videos and then manually paste the code of every single video on your WordPress website.
Though this process seems easy, it has some limitations, you can’t embed multiple videos at once. You’ve to generate embed code for every video and then paste it, which is a tiresome and lengthy task.
- WordPress Social Feeds Plugin: If you don’t want to tangle with HTML and code embedding process, you can simply use the WordPress social feeds plugin to display YouTube videos on your website.
Smash Balloon is hands-down the best social feeds plugin for WordPress. You can display customizable feeds of popular social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube on your WordPress website.
Worried about the plugin slowing down your site? You don’t need to be.
Unlike other plugins, the YouTube Feed Pro plugin starts loading the YouTube video player only when your visitor engages with your feed.
This ultra-fast feature of the plugin improves your web page’s speed and performance. That means you get much better SEO.
The best part? You get a team of experts who are always ready to lend you a hand if you need help with your YouTube feeds.
YouTube Feed Pro is 100% compatible with WordPress, Divi, and Elementor. It’s not designed for Shopify, Weebly, or your Wix website — but it’s guaranteed to work with WordPress, the fastest-growing content management system.
Features of Feeds for YouTube
So, what features will you get with the plugin? Here’s a quick list:
- Feeds for YouTube are super easy to set up; just a few clicks and you’re done with displaying YouTube videos on your live site
- The smart loading feature plays videos without impacting the website speed
- Multiple customization options to change the look and feel of the video display
- Flexibility to embed multiple YouTube channels on the same page or throughout the site
- Define custom video pause and end actions
- Provides multiple feed layouts, choose from the grid, gallery, list, or carousel layout
- Built-in block for the modern block editor
- Option to define advanced search queries to create feeds
- Live streaming feature to feed live YouTube videos into WordPress
How to Embed a YouTube Channel on Your WordPress Website
Let’s show you how to embed WordPress YouTube channels on your website using the best social media aggregator, the YouTube Feed Pro plugin.
Step 1: Install the YouTube Feed Pro Plugin
To begin, you can download your copy of the YouTube Feed Pro plugin here. Then, install and activate the plugin on your WordPress site.
Not sure how to do this? Check out this step-by-step tutorial to install a WordPress plugin for your guide.
After the plugin is ready, you can move on to the next step and start embedding your YouTube channel.
Step 2: Connect Your YouTube Channel to WordPress
To embed your YouTube channel to your WordPress website, click on Feeds for YouTube in your dashboard.
Under the Configure tab, click on the blue button Connect to YouTube to Create a Feed. When prompted, click the Continue button to continue with the Feeds for YouTube plugin.
Once you complete the process, a pop-up will appear with a success message. Now we’ll need to add your YouTube Channel’s ID or Username.
Step 3: Find Your YouTube Channel’s ID
Since you’re going to embed your entire YouTube channel feed into your website, you’ll need your channel ID. You can find it in the URL when you go to your channel page on YouTube.
The image below will show you where to find your channel ID in the URL. Copy the ID because you’re going to use it in the next step.
Step 4: Select Your YouTube Channel
After connecting your YouTube feed, go ahead and open the YouTube channel that you want to embed.
At the top, you can see the URL for this YouTube channel. Now look for “/channel/” or “/user/” in the URL and then copy everything afterward:
Now return to your website once again and paste it into the Channel ID or Username field.
Finally, click on Next to finish adding the source for your YouTube feed.
Just like that, your YouTube channel feed is now ready. You can now display it on your website, and it’ll automatically look great right out of the box by copying your website design.
What’s more, YouTube Feed Pro also gives you control over the design of your YouTube feed.
Step 5: Customize Your YouTube Channel Feed
Now that you’ve connected your YouTube channel to your WordPress website let’s see customization options that you can tweak to customize your YouTube feed.
You can view all the customization options under the Customize tab.
Feeds for YouTube are packed with multiple customization and styling options. With these options, you can:
- Change the width and height of your feed
- Set the background color
- Choose your feed layout to be in a grid, carousel, list, or gallery
- Set the number of videos to be displayed initially
- Adjust the spacing between videos
- Change the color, background color, and text of the “Load More” button
- Change the color, background color, and text of the “Subscribe“ button
- Define player size ratio
- Flexibility to choose to play video automatically or when clicked
Step 6: Display Your YouTube Channel Feed in WordPress
Using the YouTube Feed Pro plugin, you can easily add YouTube channel feeds to your website. In fact, there are 2 embed options for you here:
- Embed your WordPress YouTube channel feed on a page
- Embed your WordPress YouTube channel widget on the sidebar or footer
Don’t know which way to use to embed YouTube videos? Let’s talk about both ways to embed your YouTube channel below.
Embed Your WordPress YouTube Channel Feed on a Page
To add a YouTube channel to your site with ease, you can simply use the live feed editor.
First, click on the Embed button at the top to get started.
You can now see a popup that you can use to set the location of your YouTube channel feed. To embed the feed on a page, you can click on the Add to a Page button on the popup.
The plugin will then send you to that WordPress page so you can embed your YouTube channel feed. To get started, click the plus (+) icon and add a new content block to your page.
Now, click on the Update button at the top to publish your YouTube feed. You can see in this example that the plugin automatically shows your video thumbnail on your website.
Related More Posts :
1. Best 10 Pros and Cons of Social Media Use
2. Benefits of Affiliate Marketing for Businesses
3. How to Find a Profitable Affiliate Marketing Niche
4. How To Add A YouTube Social Media Feed In WordPress