Top 10 ways to Earn Money From Social Media in India
Are you a social media buff? How about converting this passion into a source of income? Today’s world is largely influenced by social media in all ways, whether it is sharing ideas, learning, or interacting with people and organizations. The amount of time and number of people spending their time online makes social media just more important. Hence, using the platform to make money is one of the best ways to do so.
Connecting businesses to customers, Social Media has gained significant popularity to increase awareness and boost sales for brands. You can use Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and other such channels to showcase your skills and passion to the world. More than just attractive food posts and memes, these channels allow people to pursue their dreams as bloggers, designers, photographers & more!
There are many ways to make money from social media, and all the methods take consistency and hard work. We’d say that consistency is more important than working hard when it comes to how to earn money from social media in India.
Top 10 Ways to Earn Money from Social Media in India
1. Earn money from YouTube monetization
On YouTube, the channels that are monetized earn anywhere between $1 to $12 per 1000 views on their videos. This pay on YouTube Ads monetization varies from region to region.
For example, if your channel has viewership from the USA, Canada, Australia, the UK, and similar countries with high per capita income, you’d earn more. And if your viewership is from India, Southeast Asia, and other countries with comparatively lower per capita income, you’d be earning on the lower spectrum of it.
Anyways, keep the math of how much you’d earn on youtube aside. It’s one of the biggest platforms that provide the ability to earn money from social media in India to everyone. If you are creative and you’ve found a niche for your content, you also stand a chance to make money from social media.
You’d need to have at least 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours in the last 12 months to apply for YouTube monetization. From there onwards, you’d need to ensure that your youtube channels comply with the YouTube monetization policies to keep them valid for getting the benefits of monetization.
There are many full-time YouTubers in India who have cracked the code on how to earn money from social media in India. You can watch their tutorials on YouTube and learn how you can do that too.
2. Sell Your Own Products
You can take your business online and promote your products on social media channels. If you are running a blog that talks about a particular niche, then it will be preferable to promote related products to maintain consistency. For instance, if you are a fashion blogger dealing in apparel, then you can choose to sell your designs to your followers.
3. Google AdSense
It is one of the easiest ways to make money online in India from home without any initial investment. What you need is Blog, website, or YouTube channel. It is an advertising program, for which you can register for free. Once registered you will get a code that you can add to your website. Google AdSense allows the publisher to earn money from their content, this way you can earn money through your content.
How does it work
- AdSense works by matching ads to the content and visitors on your website.
- After which you make space for the ads and paste the ad code to the available spaces.
- Then Advertisers do bid in real-time for show ads on your website.
- Lastly, Google looks after everything related to networking and payment settlements. So that, you get paid fairly.
- There is no upkeep or maintenance to get this thing going, which makes it a no-brainer if you have a website already.
How to Start with Google AdSense?
You can start your online earning through Google AdSense in a few simple steps:
- Foremost, you need to visit the official site of Google AdSense and click on Get Started option.
- Sign in to your Google Account and enter the URL of the website you want to show your Ads on.
- Next, you need to choose whether AdSense should assist you by sending customized suggestions or not. It is suggested to tick the option Yes to get better results.
- Select your Payment, Country or Territory. Review AdSense Terms & Conditions and finally, start using it.
4. Publish Sponsored Content
Sponsorships or social media influencer marketing are one of the most popular ways used by firms to influence purchases. When you promote the products of other companies and people through your social media channels, you can earn a huge commission on sales. To take full advantage of this opportunity, it is essential that you have enough followers who can be converted into potential customers.
You must not engage in excessive advertising, however, as it may reduce your follower base. You can prepare a social media posting schedule so that you are able to add value to your posts. Do remember to include a ‘Call to Action in your content while advertising different products.
5. Collaborate and Work with brands
Collaborating and working with brands to create paid content, promote their products, or promote their brand is the oldest, proven, and best way out there for creators to earn money from social media.
Irrespective of how many followers a creator has on social media, there are use cases and ways for them to do paid partnerships with the brands.
Look at the graph below that shows why brands in India collaborate with influencers. If you can help a brand achieve any of these goals, you can earn money on social media.
There are two types of brand collaborations:
- Paid Collaboration: In which the brand will pay you money for creating content, posting content, and mentioning their brands as per the agreement and campaign requirements.
- Barter Collaboration: In which the brand will send you their product for free in exchange for you posting some content that products their product.
If you are a new creator, you’d probably start with barter deals and work with brands and marketers to build a reputation. So that you can continue getting good deals. As you grow and become better with your content game, you’d start getting paid opportunities as well. As a creator, you can also create a pitch and media kit of yourself to showcase what you can do to help a brand promote its products.
6. Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate Marketing is one of the top most ways to earn money online. It is like running a retail shop, but with a slight difference. In affiliate marketing, you do not need to engage in the production, packaging, or shipping of the products. What you need to do is advertise other’s products and earn a commission on every sale made through your affiliation. So, if you are thinking about how to make money online in India, affiliate marketing might be the answer.
How does it work?
- Affiliate Marketing starts with you being enrolled in any affiliate program.
- After you have registered, you can partner with brands and business-like, like Amazon, Flipkart, or any company related to your websites, etc.
- Most business-like Amazon and Flipkart have their own websites from where you can apply for affiliate marketing for free.
- From there, you will get a link to the product, you need to share the link and whenever someone purchases the product using your link you get paid.
- For sharing the link you can use any social media platform, website, etc.
How to Start with Affiliate Marketing?
To start online earning through affiliate marketing you need to follow certain steps, like:
- Before starting you need to select the niche of your choice. It is suggested to choose the niche of moderate to low competition to earn more profits.
- Find and select the affiliate networks or schemes to use for your marketing. Generally, you can find it on the merchant’s website.
- Choose the products from the merchant’s website that you want to market.
- Make a promotion strategy to promote your affiliated products and start selling.
Webinars on social media can be a great way to leverage your knowledge and audience to earn big bucks. To start, create a webinar that offers valuable content related to your industry. Promote the webinar on your social media channels and offer incentives to people who register. Once the webinar has been created, people can charge a fee to access it. You can also offer additional services and products related to the webinar as an upsell. Finally, be sure p with attendees after the webinar to build relationships and increase your potential for future sales.
8. Social Media
Today social media has become a big part of everyone’s life; it’s not just a source of entertainment, but communication and online earning too. So, if you are wondering how to make money online in India? Social media can be a way. From running ads to managing social media for brands there are so many ways to make money online through social media.
How do Social Media earning work?
- The main asset to making money online on social media is having a fan base, i.e. number of followers.
- As companies are willing to pay social media influencers to promote their product and services.
- Social media is also used as a platform to sell products, there are many pages present on Instagram and Facebook for the same.
- You can even use it for educational purposes, creating profiles with specific topics like web development, designing, machine learning, or even cooking recipes, etc.
How to Start Social Media Earning?
- Find your niche of interest and be consistent about your social media presence.
- Start creating posts related to your niche and be active on social media.
- Keep track of the latest trends and topics, and establish your presence.
- Now that you have created a loyal social media community, start marketing your products.
- You can start affiliate marketing through it, or collaborate with brands and charge to promote their products or services.
9. Data Collection
Data collection on social media involves using analytics tools to collect and analyze data from social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. This data can be used better to understand consumer behavior, trends, and sentiment, develop marketing strategies, create targeted campaigns, and optimize content. With this data, organizations can make more informed decisions on their marketing efforts and, in turn, earn more money. Companies are always looking for insights into their target audience. You can collect data from your social media followers and sell it to companies.
10. Learn Stock Market Trading
Are you good with numbers and have a keen interest in the up and downs of the share market? Then you can positively do well in stock market trading. Investing and trading in the stock market are becoming one of the most interesting ways for youth and experienced to double their income.
How does Stock Market Trading work?
Unlike other ways to make money online in India, for trading, you need some money to start with.
- You can earn money online by doing stock trading if you know the right stock to pick.
- There are various YouTube channels, and other resources available online to learn and understand the concepts of trading.
- One of the best ways to start learning and trading is to register on Zerodha which is India’s biggest stockbroker service.
- Varsity by Zerodha is one of the good resources to learn to trade.
However, it should be remembered that stock marketing involves risk, so do not enter this market without enough knowledge. And beware of any fraud.
How to Start Stock Market Trading?
- After doing your studies and research on the stock market, you need to choose a good stockbroker.
- After selecting a stock broker open your Demat and Trading account.
- Once your Demat account is approved and opened, add money to it.
- Finally, you can start trading online earning through dividends and interests.
Related More Posts :