10 Best WordPress Social Media Plugins
Are you looking for the best social media plugins for your WordPress site?
There are so many social media plugins available for WordPress that it becomes overwhelming for beginners to choose the best plugin.
In this article, we will share our expert pick of the best social media plugins for WordPress that you can install right away.
How Do I Add Social Media Plugins to WordPress?
Asking yourself how do I add social media plugins to WordPress. It’s super simple and explained very well in this article on how to install a WordPress plugin.
Once you know how easy it is to add a WordPress plugin to your website, let’s jump right into the very best social media plugins out there.
When researching social media plugins for our list, we considered several factors including ease of use, customization options, sharing features, security, and support. In addition, we considered reviews, ratings, and availability of both free and premium options. The plugins on our list overwhelmingly fit those criteria, and are in our opinion, the best available.
So without further adieu, let’s get to it!
1. Smash Balloon
Smash Balloon is by far the best social media plugin for WordPress. It’s actually a combination of several insanely powerful plugins that help you with bringing each social media platform onto your WordPress site.
- Social Wall – Combine your social feeds from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube into a single powerful wall
- Instagram Feed – Link photos and stories right to your WordPress website and do things like let people shop from your Instagram on your site.
- Custom Twitter Feed – Display Twitter cards, show tweets that mention you (perfect for testimonials), and more.
- Custom Facebook Feed – Add Facebook posts, photos, videos, and broadcast live videos from your WordPress site
- YouTube Feed – Create feeds of videos from your favorites list, embed a YouTube playlist on your website, show linked thumbnails to your videos, customize the layout, and more.
- Unlimited feeds – Make as many social feeds are you want
Being active on social media is key if you want to grow your follower count and get more attention for your site. If you publish content regularly, you can benefit from using Blog2Social to share it on social media. This plugin enables you to connect WordPress with over a dozen social media platforms, and schedule posts from within your dashboard:
You’ll also get access to a social media content calendar (if you use the premium version), which you can use to schedule posts or share WordPress content to multiple accounts. In short, Blog2Social enables you to run almost every aspect of your social media accounts from WordPress, except responding to your followers.
- Connect WordPress with multiple social media platforms
- Get access to a social sharing calendar
- Share WordPress posts on your social media profiles
- Schedule posts for your social media accounts
3. Social Warfare
Another one of the best social media plugins on our list is the feature-heavy Social Warfare. This lets you control what people share on social media (and how they share it).
- Customizations – Add custom titles, images, and descriptions to your posts that get more clicks and traffic.
- Analytics – Track how your social shares are doing with Google Analytics.
- Popular posts widget – Display your most popular posts from your blog right in a widget and automatically calculate which ones are doing well.
- Easy Recovery – You can recover share counts when switching permalink structures.
4. Social Icons Widget
WPZoom has another one of the best social media plugins for WordPress with the helpful tool known as Social Icons Widget. It lets you quickly add social media icons to your website’s sidebar with a widget. You can then link them to your social media profiles right in your sidebar.
- Easy to use – Quickly add social media icons with links to your profiles to your WordPress website with a widget.
- Unlimited icons – Add as many social icons as you need.
- Customization – Includes the ability to change button colors, change the hover color, and a color picker to easily match your branding, plus padding and sizing options for the icons.
- Plenty of social networks – Supports 100+ popular social media platforms and websites.
- 400+ different icons – You’re sure to find the social media platform icon you’re looking for with this plugin, including generic ones for linking wherever you need.
- Visual editor – This lets you use the plugin with the block editor.
5. Spotlight Social Feeds
This plugin lets you customize the layout of your feed and even sort through your posts. You can add custom bio text and a “follow” button alongside each feed. Moreover, you can use blocks, widgets, or shortcodes to place your feeds wherever you want on your site.
- Display your Instagram feed(s) in WordPress
- Choose from multiple feed styles
- Sort or filter your Instagram posts
- Place your feed using blocks, widgets, or shortcodes
6. Sassy Social Share
More than just a fun name, Sassy Social Share helps your visitors share your content on their favorite social media platforms easily. This plugin supports a ton of different sites.
- Great compatibility – Will work with BuddyPress and WooCommerce.
- Featherlight – Won’t take up a bunch of your website speed to run as it’s optimized for blazingly fast performance.
- A+ customer service – Great support team known for their quick and helpful answers.
- 100% responsive – Will look great and professional on any device of any size.
- Tons of sites – Supports 100+ social media and bookmarking sites.
- Page reload support – Compatible with AMP.
Monarch is a social sharing plugin that includes several unique features which differentiate it from other tools. You can use this solution to add social sharing buttons in five different locations on each page. There are multiple sharing button styles, and support for over 20 social media platforms.
Monarch also lets you display social sharing buttons in pop-ups and overlays. The plugin lets you choose between multiple triggers for pop-ups, such as after users comment on a post or after they make a purchase. That last setting makes Monarch a fantastic social sharing plugin for e-commerce sites.
- Add social sharing buttons to WordPress
- Choose from multiple button styles
- Pick from five different locations for your social sharing buttons
- Enable users to share images and videos on social media
- Use pop-ups to display social sharing buttons
- Configure pop-ups to trigger specific actions
8. Shared Counts
Shared Counts is an awesome, lightweight social media plugin for WordPress. It shows how many shares something on your site has gotten on different social media platforms.
- Lightweight plugin – Doesn’t slow down your site and is super straightforward.
- Easy to use – A simple tool even beginners will love.
- Developer-friendly – Hooks and filters if you want advanced customizations.
- Custom post types – Easily enable the plugin for custom post types.
- Helpful buttons – Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, Yummly, Print, and Email.
9. 10Web Social Post Feed
If your website’s social media presence revolves around Facebook, 10Web Social Media Post Feed should be right up your alley. A popular Facebook plugin, you can use Social Post Feed to connect your Facebook profile with WordPress and embed a feed that displays your social media content.
You can select what posts will appear in your WordPress Facebook feed and customize its style. If visitors click on any element in your feed, it will open in a lightbox. 10Web Social Post Feed lets you add an unlimited number of feeds and place them anywhere you want on your site.
- Add multiple Facebook feeds to WordPress
- Decide which Facebook content to display in your feeds
- Customize the style of your Facebook feeds.
10. Revive Social
The Revive Social plugin is another one on our list of the best social media plugins that you should check out if you want to get into marketing automation. It lets you automatically share your WordPress content to your social media.
- Scheduler – Automatically set a schedule for how often you want your old content (and new content) to be shared and save on costly social media management tools.
- Hour timer – The paid version lets you decide how many hours you want between posts, great if you’re sharing a lot of backdated content.
- RSS to social media – Share posts from any RSS feed to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tumblr, and more.
- Auto WordPress post share – Automatically share posts to your social media as soon as you hit the publish button, even if a post is scheduled.
- Social media analytics – Discover a ton about the source of your traffic without manually adding UTM tags to posts.
- Hashtags – Create your own hashtags for post shares from your tags, categories, or even custom fields.
Related More Posts :
1. How to Find a Profitable Affiliate Marketing Niche
2. How To Add A YouTube Social Media Feed In WordPress
3. How to Embed a YouTube Channel on Your WordPress Website
4. Best Social Media Plugins for WordPress