Advantages of email marketing
Email marketing also allows you to run A/B tests of a subject line or call to action to identify the best-performing message by using email marketing software that can also be configured to easily send out emails. Check out Mailchimp’s email templates to see more of what you can do with email marketing.
What is Email Marketing?
Email marketing is a direct marketing channel that lets businesses share new products, sales, and updates with customers on their contact lists. Its high return on investment (ROI) makes it crucial to most businesses’ overall inbound strategy.
Modern email marketing has moved away from one-size-fits-all mass mailings and instead focuses on consent, segmentation, and personalization. This may sound time-consuming, but marketing automation handles most of the heavy lifting for you. In the long run, a well-designed email marketing strategy not only drives sales but helps build a community around your brand.
What Is An Email Marketing Campaign?
An email marketing campaign is a sequence of one or more emails that are sent with the intention of achieving a specific marketing goal. For example, the goal of such a marketing campaign might be to:
- Increase brand awareness
- Generate leads
- Nurture prospects
- Promote a product or service
- Reengage customersEmail marketing campaigns are typically automated and triggered based on certain conditions or actions, such as:
- A new subscriber signs up in your list
- A prospect clicks a link in your email
- A customer abandons their shopping cart
Email marketing campaigns are an essential part of any marketing strategy and, when executed correctly, can be incredibly effective.
Best Email Marketing Platforms
Email marketing isn’t one size fit all strategy. Different businesses have different requirements and should use different platforms. Here are some of the best email marketing platforms for small businesses:
- MailChimp: A great tool for beginners providing features like automation, segmentation, and templates. You can use Mailchimp for free if you have less than 2,000 subscribers.
- Get Response: Get Response is a great option if you’re looking for a complete toolset that even lets you build landing pages and webinars.
- Active Campaign: A holistic marketing platform combining email marketing, marketing automation, and CRM.
- HubSpot: HubSpot’s email marketing tools are part of an all-in-one inbound marketing platform. This might be your best option if you’re looking for a comprehensive email marketing solution along with other features like CRM, drip campaigns, and marketing automation.
- Moosend: One of the easy-to-use platforms to use with features like automated workflows, segmentation, and A/B testing. It offers a drag-and-drop interface and a free trial for 30 days.
- Constant Contact: A more expensive option that offers features like surveys, event marketing, and coupons. Constant Contact offers a 60-day free trial.
Advantages of email marketing
- Cost-effective: The costs of email marketing can be much lower than many other forms of marketing. There are no advertising fees, printing, or media space costs.
- Permission-based: Your marketing list will be made up of people who have actively chosen to receive email communications from you. Customers who are genuinely interested in your products and/or services are more likely to engage with your business.
- Flexible design: You can send plain text, graphics, or attach files – whichever suits your message best. A choice of design options gives you scope to convey your business branding.
- Scalable: email marketing can be used to reach large audiences or smaller targeted lists.
- Personalization and segmentation: with email marketing, you can personalize messages. You can also segment your marketing list so that your customers receive messages from you that they are interested in – this will help boost their engagement with you.
- Shareable: it’s easy for people to forward and share your email content, building your reputation through word-of-mouth or viral marketing. This may help influence new customers to become followers of your brand.
- It’s Fast: Sending an email is a lot faster than creating and mailing a traditional direct mail piece. You can create and send an email in minutes, and it will be delivered to your recipients’ inboxes almost instantly.
- It is permission-based: Email marketing starts with the customer agreeing to receive emails from you. This means that people who receive your emails already know who you are and have given you permission to contact them. This makes email marketing much less intrusive than other types of marketing, and therefore more effective.
- It is easily measurable: Unlike other forms of marketing, email marketing can be easily measured. You can easily see, analyze and improve email marketing metrics like how many people opened your email, clicked on the links, and even unsubscribed from your list. This helps you to constantly improve your email marketing campaigns.
- Conversions and increased sales: if you have a new promotion people can click on links and follow your call-to-action immediately. Email marketing is also effective at every stage of the buying process. For example, you can influence someone to choose your product, nurture the customer relationship post-transaction, and also encourage future purchases.
- Measurable: you can evaluate the success of a campaign by using web analytics software. You can easily test different copies, subject lines, and designs to see which is most effective. This allows you to optimize future campaigns.
- Benchmark: you can compare your results against others in your industry. There are many free email marketing benchmarking reports available – you will find these by searching online. Benchmarking data can help you to evaluate and prioritize improvement opportunities.
Related More Posts :
2. How to Build an Email Marketing
3. 10 Best Email Marketing Software Platforms for 2023
4. 7 Best Email Marketing Software