How to earn money from Facebook in India
With a daily active user base of 1.28 billion and a monthly active user base of around 1.9 billion, Facebook continues to be the social media powerhouse of the world. India has contributed the most to the success of this platform and the younger generation, especially people in the age range of 18-34, forms the core user base of Facebook in India. Users spend a significant amount of time on their Facebook profiles sharing updates, family photographs, and other interesting content with people in their network.
There are several innovative ways in which users can leverage their time spent on social media platforms, especially Facebook, to generate extra income. The key to the success of this strategy, however, remains in the network reach and the type of content the user shares. We have collated here some ideas based on their simplicity for users to start leveraging the power of Facebook usage more productively.
Before you start: check your Facebook Monetization Eligibility
There are a handful of ways to make money from your Facebook content, but first, you must be eligible to do so. This means your Facebook page and the content you post on it must abide by the platform’s eligibility requirements, which are grouped into three categories:
- Facebook Community Standards: these are the platform’s foundational rules, such as no graphic or unsafe content
- Partner Monetization Policies: these rules are for your Facebook page as a whole, as well as the content you create, how you share your content, and how you receive and make online payments
- Content Monetization Policies: these are content-level rules that apply for every piece of content you post, such as no violent or profane content
To check your eligibility, go to the Facebook section of your Creator Studio and click the Monetization tab. Select which pages you want to see your monetization eligibility for—you will also be served other monetization information about the page.
Once you’re eligible to monetize your Facebook content, it’s important to stay eligible if you want to make a consistent income. Regularly review the platform’s Community Standards, keep your domain clean with high-quality content, and ensure you have the rights to post your content. If for some reason your page becomes ineligible, Facebook will inform you via the Monetization tab in your Creator Studio, along with the reason you’re no longer eligible.
How to earn money from Facebook in India
1. Facebook Instant Articles
This option is suited best for users who have creative writing skills and are capable of writing and publishing articles that are interesting and have mass appeal. Facebook has opened up Instant Articles to publishers of all sizes since Feb 2016. The first thing you are required to do is to sign up to join this program. You can do this at instantarticles.fb.com. From there you can sign up, choose your Facebook page, claim your URL, and create your article. Besides the WordPress plugin, Facebook has joined hands with lots of publishing platforms to create seamless integration with Instant Articles. Facebook’s Audience Network offers publishers the opportunity to leverage the power of Facebook ads to monetize their content, and when you get started with Instant Articles, you have the opportunity to opt-in to Audience Network ads. If the content one publishes is appealing and is able to generate user interest, Facebook will share the revenues that are generated by placing ads on the content published by the user.
2. Create videos with in-stream ads
In-stream ads attract the attention of a captive audience and are ideal for creators and brands with a sizeable audience. When a user is part-way through watching a Facebook video, they are more likely to watch the entirety of an ad if it means they can continue on with the original content—unlike a standalone ad in their feed, which they’re more likely to skip.
Bottled water brand LIFEWTR wanted to increase brand awareness and generate a positive, creative sentiment around its product. So it implemented short in-stream ads that ran in the midpoint of feed videos as well as properties like Facebook Watch, showcasing its community art projects through powerful visual stories. The campaign resulted in a two-times lift in brand awareness and a 1.9 times higher lift in ad recall.
3. Make great posts
The foundation of any successful plan to make money with social media is good content and lots of it. On Facebook, that means a stream of interesting links, images, and updates every day.
- Search for a niche and fill it with quality content. It doesn’t have to be a niche anybody else is filling, but it should be specific enough that it’s clear to the casual observer. For example, maybe you’ll post content for cat lovers, mothers, or people with a certain political affiliation. If you plan to market a product with your account, be sure to link the product to your posts in some way.
- Consider opening up another Facebook account and keeping it separate from your personal account. Use this account for your posts, and link them to your personal Facebook account to let people know about them. Depending on the approaches you use, you might even consider using multiple extra accounts.
- Give it time. Let your account build up interest over time by continuing to provide fresh and relevant content every day.
- You can also post about services that you have to offer to your friends so they can easily reach out to you.
4. Facebook Marketplace
You can call it Craigslist on Facebook. But the Facebook marketplace is a good option if you are looking to sell your old belongings, rent out your place, sell your old bike, etc. To kickstart, go to Facebook Marketplace and click the button ‘Sell something’.
5. Add a paid subscription to your page
Generate consistent monthly revenue through fan subscriptions, which encourage your most loyal followers to pay a recurring sum to fund your page. This is a great way for brands and creators with large, active audiences to monetize their pages and reward fans with exclusive content and discounts. The “stars” feature lets users buy a pack of stars to send tips to their favorite creators for additional revenue.
Vegan Baker has created a separate Facebook Group for supporters of the brand. Fans are charged $4.99 a month to access exclusive content and discounts. They are also able to send additional tips via Facebook’s stars feature for a piece of content they particularly enjoy. For more information and the latest news visit the site
6. Make a commitment to earn
The only way to reliably make money using Facebook is through persistent work. Like any job, setting a schedule and sticking to it is the key.
- Organize. Whatever strategy you plan to pursue, you’ll probably have to take care of several things every day to make it work for you. Plan out the order and times you’ll do them in advance.
- Saturate your market. Making money with Facebook is more of a numbers game than anything else. Since marketing on Facebook costs nothing except time, you can market as much as you want – even to a point that would be prohibitively expensive any other way – and let the percentages and statistics work their magic one penny at a time.
- Add aggressively. One of the best ways to increase the number of people looking at your page is to simply add people as friends as often as you can. Most won’t accept, but some will.
7. Website builders for Facebook
Creating a Facebook Store via Facebook also has a unique set of flaws. Improper synchronization of payment methods and low-quality product images can be a roadblock to sales.
A website builder maintains the balance of these itsy bitsy frustrations with its advanced functionalities, which helps you to manage your store easily.
you can direct your customers to your website or ask them to check out on Facebook Shop. Website builders like Shopify help users quickly set up their Facebook store and have exceptional features and functions to boost your business’s online presence.
8. Become an Influencer on Facebook
The term ‘Influencer’ might sound cliche as the current situation has drawn flank on many celebrities. Here’s the bright side; everybody is online! According to a report by Statista, users have used social networking applications for approximately five hours between March 28 and April 3, 2020.
With a digital population of more than 700 million in India and a billion active users think of the wonders a freelancer can do on Facebook. Upgrade your copywriting skills, and spread the right word.